I want to arrange my wedding in the parish, how do I go about it?

Congratulations on your decision to get married. It’s an exciting time with lots of wedding planning ahead!
The Cork and Ross website provides you with a comprehensive guide to assist you with planning your journey towards the wedding day. (Add link to Cork and Ross site) http://www.corkandross.org/html/sacraments/marriage

You will need to give a minimum of three months notice of your wedding to Church and State.

To book a Baptism, Mass or Wedding call to the church sacristy on Monday evening (except for Bank Holidays) from 7 – 8pm. To book a Christening please bring your babies birth certificate. Enquiries phone 087 4410599

Contact the priest you would like to officiate at your wedding to check if he is free on that date.

If he is free, the priest concerned will direct you to the civil and church requirements and the timescales involved.

You will also need to look at participating in a marriage preparation course, which is a lovely way for you as a couple to take a look at your own relationship. Cork and Ross website have the information on the courses available. (Add link to page on Cork and Ross site) http://www.corkandross.org/html/sacraments/marriage/premarriage_courses.jsp

Cork Marriage Counselling Centre, Address: 34 Paul Street, Cork. Tel: 021 4272277

Please note that the Civil Authorities also have state requirements, which must also be fulfilled. Civil Registration Service & Civil Registrar of Marriages & Civil Partnerships, Adelaide Court, Adelaide Street, Cork.

Contact: 021 4275126, Email: crs@hse.ie

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply